Sunday, November 20, 2005

We didn't count sheep that night

Don't misunderstand; we love staying in the quaint hotels of Europe. They are charming in their own way, and we enjoy that experience.

However, I can now say that I have become a creature of comfort. Yes, I like my 5-star hotels; I need my 5-star hotels. And the Park Hyatt in Milan did not disappoint.

It was a perfect cap to 2 great weeks. So, instead of counting sheep that first night, Buddy and I counted all the reasons we LOVE staying at 5-star hotels like the Park Hyatt....

* chic and posh hotel furnishings - we felt it the moment we walked into the hotel lobby
* attentive hotel staff - trained in 5-star hotel service procedures. No request is too much. Yes!
* staff that speaks in hushed tones meant to sooth and relax its guests
* 24-hour room service
* a hotel room we can actually walk around in
* a fabulous bath room, with all the amenities you could ever hope for including separate tub and shower
* in-room internet access - no more blog postings from hotel lobbies
* complimentary fruit and sparking water every night
* turn-down service
* 400 thread count sheets, and a mattress and pillows that were like sleeping on a cloud
* TV with more English speaking channels than CNN
* a health club and fitness center - open 24/7
* massage appointments

I could go on, but you get the drift....we had been called back to the mother ship and it was glorious.

No comments: