Tuesday, November 07, 2006

it was a long day

Yes, the 6 hour flight from Bristol, UK to Dusseldorf, Germany should only take about 6 hours, including the hour or so layover in Amsterdam. Thanks to the fog in Bristol this morning, my first leg's journey was delated just long enough to miss my connection in Amsterdam; what followed was a 7 hour wait for the "next" KLM flight to Dusseldorf. If it sounds painful, it was just a bit.

The duty-free shopping did help salvage the day somewhat...significant Christmas shopping was accomplished. You know, "look for the silver lining...".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you made it back in one piece!

And on your trip to France - I can tell that I will need to visit the area soon - all those little towns - just lovely... thanks for posting them and thanks for providing travel inspiration to us Europeans...

Hachie Gal said...

yes...quite lovely.

Anonymous said...

a few hours in schiphol... doesn't sound too bad to me!

- my

Hachie Gal said...

MY - no, I've been stuck in worse places.