Monday, July 09, 2007

Win some, lose some

Recent trips to the grocery store have resulted in some alarming trends. Apparently, there must be some “kiss of death” curse that the Budman and I are putting on our favourite foods that is resulting in the items being discontinued. At first, I thought it was just the Budman’s vivid imagination, but I am now starting to think that some sinister plot is at work here.

For example, I didn’t worry too much when the Mexican salad mixture was discontinued. “So it is an acquired taste”. (And yes, I could technically make the concoction from scratch but those who know me, know that will never happen). Then, there was the pseudo “Little Debbie” snack cakes that went be the wayside. And then there was the rash of items just last week: The Ritz crackers, the frozen eggrolls…just to name a few.

It’s those comfort foods …you know, the ones that remind you of home (sure…I miss my Chinese food from Asia - consider that part of my "home" food).

On the plus side, we’ve found a source for ginger snaps, flour tortillas and refried beans. So, as the saying goes, “you win some, you lose some”....

No comments: