Monday, September 21, 2009

finally...with a song in my heart

Well, it just took 6 years but I finally re-engaged in a community choir in London. Language as well as a host of other factors made it somewhat more challenging to participate in a local choir while living abroad. The UK has a long tradition of community choirs and so...will a little trepidation and my pencil in hand, I auditioned for and joined (on the same night) the Chiswick Community Chorale.

The good news is that it is a 90+ strong vocal group that enjoys singing classical music and it is literally in my backyard. We will have three concerts per year, with teh first one in early December when we perform in Hummel's Requiem and Handel's Te Deum.

www.chiswickchoir.org.uk

So, if you happen to be over this way...drop in for a concert

No comments: