Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Not sure why I was surprised…

I am walking through the Dusseldorf train station last Friday evening when it caught my eye; I spied it up ahead, and out of sheer curiosity, had to walk toward it, if only to verify that my eyes were seeing things clearly. And yes, there it was….

A child of no more than eight of nine years of age (with luggage in tow, a.k.a. rollerbag), chatting away on his mobile phone with his BLUETOOTH attached to his ear. I don’t even have a Bluetooth!

What exactly does a child of eight need with a mobile phone, much less a Bluetooth? Are those play dates just getting more difficult to schedule? Or does today’s “child on the go” really need to go “hands-free” when talking on his mobile? I guess the answer is yes!

Not sure why I was surprised….

No comments: