Sunday, October 14, 2007

Yes, I got sucked in, too

TV on a Saturday night was a bit...limited. So, the Budman and I decided to check out THE game of the weekend, according to my UK colleagues. I had been in London all week, and everywhere I turned ...in the office, on TV, in the papers...all eyes were on the Saturday night rugby semi-final for the Rugby World Cup. The match? England versus France (in Paris).

After 10 minutes, we were admittedly sucked into the game, although we were clearly in learning mode on the rules.

Apart from actually knowing the end result (England beat France to move into the final against either South Africa or Argentina), I must admit to knowing more about the European football (soccer for you in the US) and rugby than I do about the football fate of either the Dallas Cowboys OR the Baylor Bears.

Now that is a sad commentary on my sports viewing these days....

No comments: