Saturday, April 25, 2009

The big day is here

Well, it is the night before the London Marathon, and all through the house, not a creature is stirring not even...a really excited runner!

Yes, I am headed off to bed now, and can report that all is set for marathon run tomorrow. My running clothes are laid out, my kit bag is packed, running watch, hat and number are ready to be donned, and the chip is affixed to my running shoe. My morning will start at 5 am when I arise for a delicious meal of grilled chicken and rice, which is already prepared; after which I will proceed to dress and hit the tube for the 1 and 1/2 journey to the start at Greenwich Park.

It's my 12th race and I never seem to lose the enthusiasm for the marathon event. When I went to pick up my race number on Thursday, I was sitting next to a 75 year old man who was running the London Marathon for the first time. We were both giddy with anticipation.

Race weather is expected to be in low 50s at the start of the race, party cloudy with a little rain perhaps, and in the high 60s at the end of the race. Pretty darn good if you ask me.

So, I may be a day or so before I post with a post-race report. For those of you who are interested in tracking me during the race or getting my finish time, please check out www.adidas.com/running and enter my race number 47036.

Finally, but most importantly, I have raised 3120 GBP, or about 4350 USD for my charity, Guide Dogs, UK. I cannot thank my friends, family, and colleagues who donated to this worthy cause. I will still be accepting donations for a few days after the race, so please donate if you are still interested...it is not too late! Details and the URL for donations are at the link on teh righ hand side of my blog!

Run, Hachie Gal, Run!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing the marathon. Having done it myself I know exactly what you went through. Its a fantastic achievement and another marathon city ticked on your ever increasing list. Next stop Melbourne!!!!!????...lol Matt W

Hachie Gal said...

who knows....could be!