Saturday, February 11, 2012

Marathon #2 - Seville

As I suspected, these marathons each month will start coming faster and faster!  Marathon #2 is a week from tomorrow.  Already getting a bit excited, so more on the actual race as it gets closer.

As I was out for my run yesterday, I was thinking about my next marathon outing and how I would love to have a really good run, perhaps even a super fast time (by my standards of course).  It's all relative, friends .

I was immediately struck by 2 of my favorite quotes; these quotes are from two different centuries, one a runnner/one probably not, but still have the same theme - it's the act of trying that is important.

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail" - Confucious

"The momentum of once step leading to another is more important than the pace!" - Jeff Galloway

A metaphor for life I think as well!  So, perhaps completion of each race is success enough and if that PB (personal best in runner's lingo) happens, that's a bonus!

No comments: