Friday, February 17, 2012

Please remember to donate for my 12 in 12 in 2012 marathon cause!

Well, I’ve set an interesting running and fundraising challenge for myself: 12 marathons in 12 months in 2012! And all for fundraising for Cancer Research UK!

http://www.justgiving.com/Holly-Young2012

The two most important women in my life, the women who made the person I am today, were touched by cancer in significant ways. My mother, Nancy Sartain Robinson, lost her battle with breast, bone, and brain cancer at the early age of 48. My aunt, Dr. Peggy Sartain, who was like a second mother to me, successfully battled uterine cancer. More importantly, she served as Pediatric Oncologist at Children’s Medical Center, Dallas, Texas for 31 years, and touched the lives of thousands of children and their families who were affected by childhood cancer.

In memory of these remarkable women, I am running 12 marathons in 12 months in 2012. Basically, one marathon a month.  I have already completed Dubai International Marathon in January and Seville Marathon is THIS Sunday! I have 10 others sprinkled throughout the year as well.

I’ve set a massive fundraising goal for myself (£12,000) so please consider supporting my chosen charity, Cancer Research UK by donating through my JustGiving page. Donating this way is simple, fast and totally secure.

Please join me on my marathon journey and help to find a cure for this dreaded disease. Your support would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: