Sunday, September 18, 2005

Fall, Fall, Fall

Yes, fall weather has arrived in Düsseldorf! I know many of you are still battling 90+ degree weather in Texas, and probably some humidity along with that heat. Hang in there, though... For Buddy and I, the fall weather seems to have appeared almost overnight. I had begun to see the leaves on the trees looking a little "less green", almost with a yellowish cast to them.

So, on the past two morning runs, it came as no surprise that leaves were now lightly dusting the ground. Not a lot had fallen and not from all of the various trees, but enough to signal the end of summer. Additionally, all the fruit bearing shrubbery and trees were exploding with color: the pyracanthia shrubs along the path were especially beautiful, laden with huge orange and red berries. Everywhere I looked, there was a sea of orange, red, and purple berries peeking out and waving to me as I ran past.

No, the leaves have not yet officially changed colors, so if I was to take some photos for sharing purposes, they would not look too different from what you are probably seeing in Texas. In other words, all you'd see are green trees. Yet, the temperatures have indeed fallen, with yesterday's high temp in the low 60's and this morning's temp (as I look out at my thermometer clock - thanks, Barry), being in the low 40's. To top things off, the sky was clear and blue, and a beautiful sun shown overhead. Picture perfect!

Yesterday's apparel: jeans, a Gap long-sleeved T-shirt, and fleece long-sleeved shirt jacket...glorious!

2 comments:

Missy said...

PLEASE post fall pictures. I have a love affair with fall every year, and I'm not sure how it's going to shape up out here in SC.

Hachie Gal said...

Will do...I'll let the leaves turn a bit more first, so give me a couple of weeks...