Friday, September 23, 2005

Rita

DAY 5 of “Chancellor Watch” - First coalition talks between Germany's two biggest parties broke up Thursday with conservative leader Angela Merkel saying there were "clear differences" between her and Chancellor Gerhard Schröder's ruling party. Uh, I think we knew that BEFORE the elections. So, still no progress on who is to be declared chancellor….

Not much of a blog post today. I am just sick to read of impending Hurricane Rita and the possible devastation and loss of life. As if some of those people have not been through enough. It is at times like this, I do wish I was back in Texas, to check on friends and family, and to do something productive to help. It is not easy to read and watch from afar….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad Rita is mostly over and no people were seriously hurt but Hachie needed some rain! On another topic I am enjoying learning about chancellors, etc. on your blog. I really did think USA was the only crazy political place on Earth.
Tammy H. (I left the anonymous comment about the traffic but forgot to put my name) That doesn't make sense does it???

Hachie Gal said...

Tammy - thanks for leaving a comment. Yea, I heard no raing for the Hachie. Still good news for lots of Texans. Yes, craziness on the election thing - glad it has not been too boring.