Thursday, October 27, 2005

Celebrity Combo Names

Italy vacation countdown: T minus 8 days.

Note: Sidebar that is usually located on the right is at the bottom of the page, due to the size of the photos...in case you are looking for it....

While it has absoutely nothing to do with living overseas, I couldn’t resist a comment on the recent trend of combining celebrity first names into one. What is up with that? Apparently, it is a sign “you’ve made it” into the popular iconology of celebrity culture. Not exactly sure to what I am referring? Trust me... read on, and you’ll know in an instant.

Ever heard of “Beniffer”? Sure you have, as it was THE term in almost every People Magazine during the entire time Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez were a thing. I guess Ben actually gets a "two-fer", since both his recent romances have the same first name.

Then, came “Brangelina”, which signaled the beginning of the Brad Pitt - Angelina Jolie romance.

Now, we have “Vinnifer”. I am not sure that Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn are even an item, but the media can’t seem to help itself regarding the creation of these cutesy names. (yes, I know, People Magazine is once again in the forefront on this important story. What would we do without them?). Does Vinnifer have the same ring to it as Brangelina? Does it even matter?

I have pondered the name-combo scenario for Buddy and I. Budly? Nah…Bully? No way! Hoddy? Hmm…not sure. Maybe I should try Robert and Holly instead? Robly? Rolly? Hobert?

With that said, I’ll pass if it is all the same.

4 comments:

Missy said...

clearly you guys are Buddy Holly. it just came out too perfect on its own for anyone to further blending.

Hachie Gal said...

thanks...I would agree.

Anonymous said...

what about Vaughniston? that's the one I've been seeing a lot of on gossip blogs...

- Michael

Hachie Gal said...

I like that one much better, although they are still quirky!