Thursday, October 20, 2005

Nußknacker

Italy Vacation countdown: T minus 14 days.

Note: Sidebar that is usually located on the right is at the bottom of the page, due to the size of the photos...in case you are looking for it...

Although it is still only technically fall, I have officially kicked off the Christmas season by doing my first round of Christmas shopping last weekend. I could tell you more but that might spoil the surprise for some of you. Suffice to say, I am almost completely finished. Seems I do subscribe to the theory that the early bird catches the worm.

Romantic Road Trip October 4 004

Either way, in addition to the acquisition of many Christmas gifts during last weekend’s trip, I also learned my first German word relating to Christmas. Nußknacker translates to nutcracker, and there is an abundance of these little guys in every German shop. (Please don’t be too impressed as I still don’t speak much German; it is those translation URLs that are a lifesaver to be sure.)

Romantic Road Trip October 4 003

The good news is that many more shopping opportunities await as the German Christmas Markets will be in full swing beginning the last weekend in November, running up to a few days before Christmas. More to come on these markets as we are slated to hit several of them including the ones in Trier, Nuremburg, Alsace (France), Cologne, and Dusseldorf….just to name a few.

Romantic Road Trip October 4 006

There is time enough to talk all things Christmas though in the weeks to come. Still, to quote the words of Auntie Mame, “We needed a little Christmas now”.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I love the little and oversized nutcrackers!!! I subscribe to the same theory, although I'm having a hard time finding any fun places to shop at around here. Even if we go up to Charlotte, the best we can do is a Dean and Delucca.

Unless people want tile or paint samples. I've got that coming out of my ears.

My brother got a puppy last night. I'm SO jealous.

Hachie Gal said...

Hey, once you are in that house, you get the pet....