Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Chalk it up!

Well, the good news is that I finished the race. Ran the whole way, albeit for food and water breaks. On top of that, I had FABULOUS weather (sunny and cool - just perfect for a marathon), no rain (as predicted) a great race course that was flat for most of the way and took me past all the Paris sights, wonderful marathon organization (the Paris Marathon Organizers did a great job), and wonderful friends and family cheering me along the course. I finished and with no injury. AND I DO NOT HAVE TO RUN THIS WEEK!!!!!!

The bad news is that I was quite disappointed with my time. I finished in 5 hours and 35 minutes…my slowest of all 11 marathons. Will have to reflect this week on why that was the case…diet? Overtraining? Not sure. But I have the medal in hand and wonderful memories.

Still, chalk it up as a finish. The Hachie Gal thanks you all for your support.

PS = pictures forthcoming....

No comments: