Lesson 3 deals with terminology. Let me do a rough translation into US terms so you can follow:
(1) Letting Agent - translated, real estate agent.
(2) Getting onto the property ladder - mainly applies to people buying houses or apartments who are trying to enough cash, personal credit, etc. to be able to purchase housing. This is a problem in the UK as housing prices are skyrocketing.
(3) reception area - i.e. living room or family room.
(4) "spacious" reception area - sadly, there is no such thing. The house we settled on has two reception areas that flow into one... the first one is 11' x 11'3" and the second room is 13'3" x 13'3".
(5) "shower room" - full bathroom that has a shower but no bathtub. Most likely a converted closet.
Well....you get the picture. Once you learn the lingo, you can sound like a savvy prospect.