Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Brits are so enthused

If I have been asked once, I have been asked at least a dozen times today, "As a US citizen, aren't you excited about the election? We sure are in the UK!"

And yes, I am excited about the election, having voted over 2 weeks ago by absentee ballot from overseas. I guess what surprised me was the daily following of the US presidential campaign, the twists and turns leading up to election day, and of course, election day itself (or as it is called in the UK, polling day).

They just can't seem to get enough of the coverage. Not sure whether to laugh or shake my head as I know all our family and friends are ready to "say enough is enough" of the endless media coverage. Come live in the US during an election year and you will know what I mean.

That has been one of the unexpected pleasures of living abroad.

No comments: