Friday, July 22, 2011

BBC Proms #10


Two nights in a row...kinda like wearing the yellow jersey (Tour de France reference)...and we were headed back to the Royal Albert Hall for Proms #10.

First, the program....let's just say, it was interesting but did not light my fire tonight, although I am personally a Debussy and Ravel fan.

* Images - Gigues - Debussy
* Rapsodie Espagnole - Ravel
* Images - Rondes de Printemps - Debussy
* Alborada del Gracioso - Ravel
* Nights in the Gardens of Spain - Falla
* Images - Iberia - Debussy

Secondly, I am a quick learner. Following last evening's gallery seating (or standing as is the case), I fell into the BBC Proms Season Ticket Holder routine quite nicely. Into the RAH I walked tonight with my stadium seating pads (i.e. Wimbledon branded, I might add), my munchies for the concert picked up enroute to the concert at my local Pret, and into the queue I assembled. "Early bird catches the worm pays off" as I had front and center standing spots at the gallery railing. Yes!

Only one small process improvement: pack the opera glasses for the next performance.

No comments: