Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Ah, London

Another great reason to visit London, besides the obvious things, is the food! There is every type of food available and usually within close proximity of your home or office. This includes Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Lebanonese, Thai, Greek, Italian, etc. It is a gastronomical smorgasbord!

It is not that Düsseldorf does not have these options as well, as they do. Yet, the flavor tastes as if a German is trying to cook Chinese or Indian food. Don’t get me wrong – I am sure there are delicious options just awaiting our discovery. In London, however, restaurant options are endless. Last evening, not having had a good Chinese meal since leaving Taipei in March, I had a hankering for that cuisine. Much to my delight, I easily and quickly located a Chinese restaurant and indulged myself in spring rolls, sweet corn soup with crab meat, fried noodles, coconut sesame shrimp, and fried rice.

Never thought I would consider Chinese food as a form of “comfort food”.

No comments: