Monday, February 06, 2006

Fell asleep...

Well, I just couldn't stay awake to watch the Super Bowl. Kick-off was at midnight Germany time. I couldn't keep the sleep fairies away, so not only did I not see a down played, I even missed opening kick-off. I did, however, catch the awful pre-game show with Steve Wonder et al and that debacle of a national anthem with Aretha Franklin and Aaron Neville - am I the only one who panned this? Would have been interesting to have seen The Stones at half-time, but....

Thumbs up for the Parade of MVP players from Super Bowls past. Cowboys were well represented (smile). Two comments:

* Generally speaking, the older guys looked to be in better shape and more mobile than the younger ones (exception Jerry Rice - he looks like he could still be playing football).

* If anyone needs proof to how football wrecks the body in later years, you just needed to catch a glimpse of those players who could barely walk due to all the excess weight and bad knees. Frankenstein had a more graceful walk...

No comments: