Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend in Texas

Paris Marathon Training: Week 13 of 18
Today’s target run: rest day

Sorry that the postings have been a bit quiet but that first week of business meetings was hectic, to say the least.

Weather in Texas has been, well…predictably, unpredictable for Texas, as is the case in February. In the course of 9 days, I have experienced rain, sleet, ice, winter winds, fog, torrential Texas thunderstorms, and a beautiful and gloriously sunny day in the Texas Hill Country. I forget how different Texas looks from the green fields of Germany. Sitting on the balcony of a local Austin Tex-Mex café, overlooking the canyons of western Austin, and seeing the sun set (you know, one of those really fine Texas sunsets), I marvel at the beauty of a good rugged Texas landscape. You can take the girl out of Texas but not Texas out of the girl....

I can also report that the Mexican food meals are totaling 5 and counting. “And that’s a good thing”.

So, besides good old comfort food, a roadtrip to Austin, I’ve also seen family and friends this past weekend. Thanks to all of those folks who I saw, and for good conversations and your hospitality.

One notable visit (thanks, Tracey) was to my girlfriend of 30+ years (we’ll keep the exact year to ourselves).

Petersen girls

No comments: