Monday, March 06, 2006

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Paris Marathon Training: Week 14 of 18
Today’s target run: rest day

A two week trip to Dallas goes by quickly….thanks to all the friends and family who made time for me during my trip home. There is always so many who I want to see but never enough time to see all I would like….

In the spirit of the Oscars (yes, expect a review of the awards show and clothing coming tomorrow), I would like to thank:

* Ken and Dietra, Peggy, Tracey, Bob and Dee, and Mike and Kay for the bed and breakfast facilities. Including the hotel stay, I bunked at 6 different places in 2 weeks. That “moving from place to place” can be tough but is made much easier by friends and family who graciously opened their homes for a few days. Vielen Dank.

* Terri and Barry, Keith and Janet, the Little clan, Tim and Jorja, Sharon O., Jane B., Bob, Dee, Jeanie, and Jordan, Jim and Becky, and Mike and Kay for sharing a meal or two with me…it is always great seeing your bright and shining faces, hearing about your lives, and of course, eating Mexican food, or Texas barbeque.

* Barry and Terry - in a word, "cellphone".

* Terry and Barry/Mike and Kay for transport to and from D/FW airport.

* Susan R. (work colleague) for serving as delivery central for the running gear.

* Jorja for the little care package.

* Mike and Kay for the birthday gift and running gear I borrowed from you for my long run on Saturday.

* All my work colleagues for a great 1-2 weeks of work, meetings, and visits.

* Apologies to Britten and Donna for the last minute dinner cancellation. I was so looking forward to the get-together, but alas, it was just not to be.

* To all the Waxahachie friends I literally bumped into while in Waxahachie for 2-3 days. I saw you wherever I went. Yes, we do miss home at times, and especially seeing you all more regularly.

After a warm and windy week in Texas, a foot of snow greeted me, along with my lovely husband, at the Frankfurt airport on Sunday morning. As we traveled by train to Düsseldorf, the snow evaporated; thankfully, the husband did not.

And one final note: I did watch the Academy Awards, which aired live in Germany from 1 AM to about 5 AM. Finally, jet lag that came in handy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you returned safely and I want to hear what you think about the Oscars. I LOVE George Clooney! Don't forget to post on your blog with pictures of your visitors next week too! I know you all will have fun! TH

Hachie Gal said...

Oscar buzz (a.k.a. Hachie Gal style) is forthcoming....