Thursday, March 09, 2006

Vacation begins

Paris Marathon Training: Week 14 of 18
Today’s target run: 1 hour, 12 minutes
Today’s completed run: 1 hour, 12 minutes

Technically, vacation is here. I mean, my holiday starts tonight. With that said, there are of course 3 or 4 rather large work related tasks still facing me before I can ”officially start” my vacation. So, I’ll be working a bit yet this evening. Come tomorrow, Friday, March 10th, I am in holiday mode.

“What are you doing during your time off,” you may ask? Well, touring Germany with two sets of friends from The ‘Hachie. The title of this movie should be something like this:

* “Six Americans in Dusseldorf”
* “If This is Tuesday, This Must Be Berlin”
* “Viva Munich”
* “Destination Rothenberg”
* “From Germany, With Love”
* “Meet Me in Frankfurt”
* “Berlin When it Drizzles”

OK, enough for the movie references. And, if you can figure out the real movie titles on which these spoof titles are based, you’ll win the prize. Grand prize goes to the person who can provide the real movie titles AND the lead actor/actress. In the spirit of all things Oscar....

Seriously, Ken, Dietra, Joe, and JoBeth arrive Saturday morning…in Frankfurt…bright and early. We are looking forward to the visit, spending time with friends, and for the US food goodies that are loaded in their bags. So, check out the blog site for photos…

On a serious note, a whole day to relax between work and vacation beginning…ah well…technically not so, after the 3 hour/45 minute long run, hair appointment, last minute shopping and cleaning, and the trip to the cat hotel (sadly, Gracie and Ginger will not be enjoying the visit from the friends). That’s OK…after all, vacation is here….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Viva Las Vegas-Elvis???
From Russia with Love-Sean Connery
Meet me in St. Louis-Judy Garland
These are the only ones I can get and I know I have heard of the other ones and its going to bug me until you tell me what they are! :o) TH

Hachie Gal said...

Your selecctions are correct, thus far. I will wait a day or so to allow the other movie buffs to weigh in with opinions. Then, all answers wil become known.

Hachie Gal said...

TH - well, you must be the only person who even "got" the movie references....here they are:
(1) AN AMERICAN IN PARIS (Gene Kelly, Leslie Caron)

(2)IF THIS IS TUESDAY, THIS MUST BE BELGIUM (Suzanne Pleshette).

(3) VIVA LAS VEGAS (Elvis Presley, Ann Margret)

(4) DESTINATION TOKYO (Cary Grant)

(5) FROM RUSSIA, WITH LOVE (Sean Connery)

(6) MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS (Judy Garland)

(7) PARIS WHEN IT SIZZLES (Audrey Hepburn, William Holden)