Thursday, May 18, 2006

All work and no play makes the Hachie Girl a very dull girl…

You’d think that with the recent traveling we’ve been doing that there is no way things would be dull in the Hachie Gal and Budman’s life. And I suppose they’re not. It’s just been mainly work-focused: the 13-14 hour long work days have made for really boring news days from a blog perspective. Both the Budman and I have had our share of long days and pressurized deadlines which have made “Hachie Gal a very dull girl” as the title of today’s post suggests.

Let’s hope that is going to change soon. “Why?”, do you ask:

(1) Well, summer is almost upon us. Yes, my most favorite season of all. Longer days that allow for a lot more flexibility for “going and doing” during the week and weekend, and better weather all around (even without A/C). Already, I am seeing a bit of daylight even at 10 pm.

(2) April, May, and June are the months for a majority of the German national holidays. Lots of short trip options since these three months have a multitude of three and four day weekends. I know, it seem to the uninformed blog reader that all we do is have national holidays in Germany. Just to put it into perspective, there are only 10. We won’t have another national holiday until November, though. Best be enjoying them while we can.

(3) And finally, it is nearly mid year, and I have taken only a fraction of my allotted vacation time. To be accurate, I still have almost 5 weeks still left to take….I am already counting the days till vacation….Ah…where to go…what to do….

Let’s hope so, anyway….

No comments: