Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Published Photographer

The first time I thought it was just a fluke…some Polish tourist agency had seen a night-time photo of Warsaw’s old town on the blog after a trip to Warsaw and wanted to use the photo in a travel brochure. I was flattered so, sure… why not?

Well, it's happened again! This time, an author of a book on global architecture liked one of my photos of Aachen’s Palatine Cathedral and wanted permission to use the photo in his upcoming book. Th publisher is Wiley & Sons, so it’s legitimate. I was even asked to sign a photo release so I can get a credit in the book.

Not that I really thought the photo was all that great, but hey, I am now officially published.

Aachen July 2005 064

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

With school ending, I am so behind on your blog! That is great about the photo! Congrats! I have always thought your pictures were like reading my own computer travel book! :o)th

Hachie Gal said...

Thanks, TH....appreciate the kind remarks. BTW - have you seen JB's travel book we gave them from Germany?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! That was awesome! You should count that as your first published photo book! :o)
It is very fun for this homebody to get to see other places around the world! th

Hachie Gal said...

Thanks, TH

Missy said...

Wow! That's amazing! (I'm so behind on blog reading)

I love your pictures. It doesn't surprise me at all that they are getting picked up. Keep us posted on future publications!

Missy said...

Wow! That's amazing! (I'm so behind on blog reading)

I love your pictures. It doesn't surprise me at all that they are getting picked up. Keep us posted on future publications!

Hachie Gal said...

Hey,good to hear from you. Hope all is well.