Tuesday, April 20, 2010

T-5 days

Final week of marathon prep is so NOT about the running but rather about everything else.

Besides the 3-4 small runs this week, it is really about nurtition and hydration (drinking LOTS of water), plenty of rest including staying off those legs as much as possible, and getting into the mental zone.  I am happy to report that the nutrition and hydration goals have been met today, and nothing is on my agenda tonight that cannot be accomplished from the sofa in my living room.

Now, back to that mental thing....I personally take alot of inspiration from quotes....so today's London Marathon quote of the day:

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.
 -  Booker T. Washington

Morale of the story:  training and competing is success enough!  Although I hope for a personal best in Marathon #13, just finishing and raising money for a great cause is reason enough to celebrate.  Everyone is a winner regardless of my finish time on Sunday!

No comments: