Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's that time again...marathon #4

Ladies and gents....The Virgin London Marathon 2012 is upon me.  Where did those 5 weeks since Rome go?  Not sure, but on the eve of the big run, and on my home turf so to speak, I am getting excited about the next installment of "12 in 12 in 2012".

A stellar road crew of about 12 family and friends are set to cheer me along the 26.2 miles of my 16th marathon, the 4th this year.  Bags are packed, runnign gear laid out (nothing fancy in the apparel department this time), and breakfast food cooked and ready to go.
Happy to report feeling fairly rested, and no aches and pains.  The main consideration this run has been the weather.  The anticipated "upper 40s and rain" have morphed into lower 50s and partly sunny.   Sounds like the best weather yet.
Fundraising has slowed but has still been trickling in...currently at 56% of goal...please consider suppporting my charity and show your support for me in my marathoning by donating to Cancer Research UK.

www.justgiving.com/Holly-Young2012

So, good night all...check you at the start line tomorrow AM.  Race start is 9:45 AM GMT and I am race number 36231!

Taking it one step at a time!
HY

No comments: