Friday, January 27, 2006

I hear it’s 70 degrees or so in Texas

Paris Marathon Training: Week 8 of 18
Today’s target run: 1 hour 12 minutes
Today’s completed run: 1 hour 12 minutes


I understand from web weather reports and recent emails from home, that the temperature highs have been hovering in the 70’s in Dallas. Actually, that sounds really nice….

Not that I am complaining. I missed out on the whole “snow” thing when we lived in Seoul, so I am enjoying the “living in a snow” climate in Germany. Of course, I don’t have to drive or walk much in the snow, as the home office is well, at home. Most of the challenges faced with the snow really only revolve around the marathon training.

I’ve pondered the whole snow thing. Why is it that those of us who never really ever lived in snowy climes find snow so enjoyable, so romantic, so appealing in a nostalgic way? Visions of cozily curling up on the sofa with hot chocolate and a good book or movie while the snow falls outside are the images I have often conjured up, especially on a hot Texas summer day.

Believe it or not, I do miss Texas weather…January when you need no coat and can run in shorts, blustery March winds, April showers, and even those blasted hot summers. Somehow, Texas heat just gets into your blood. So, enjoy that temperate Texas winter for me.

Until such time I am once again enjoying the Texas weather for myself, I’ll revel in having the snow. For those of you feeling deprived of your own snow scenes, some visuals for you.

January 2006 Snow 001

January 2006 Snow 003

January 2006 Snow 006

January 2006 Snow 007

No comments: