Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It’s downright sad

Paris Marathon Training: Week 9 of 18
Today’s target run: 1 hour, 24 minutes
Today’s completed run: 1 hour, 24 minutes


Nary can I remember a time when upon announcement of the Oscar nominees, I had not seen at least one of the nominated films in the best acting, directing, or picture categories. Often, I have seen everything in ALL of the categories, including documentaries and foreign language films.

Part of the issue is that many of these films did not make it to Düsseldorf. Additionally, many of them were dubbed so I could not watch them in English.

To make a long story short, the nominee list has been printed and already filed into the computer bag. Upon arrival in the US for 2 weeks of business, I’m already personally committed to the double and triple feature gigs on the weekends…time is a-wastin’.

Still, this cuts to the core….

4 comments:

Missy said...

I'm almost in the same boat. But I have to be honest, I'm really not dying to see most of those movies. Some of them have been on my To See List, but many, eh.

Hachie Gal said...

Still, I like to feel informed :-).

Anonymous said...

you'll have to rent some as well that are on dvd...

Might be good to watch on laptop on the flight back!

-my

Hachie Gal said...

actually, that is exactly the plan :-)