So... when faced with how to spend two weeks of R&R/comp time, how does one fill the time when the pace of life over the last 18 months has been so manic? By its sheer definition, the term "rest" has a series of meanings, all of which I can personally subscribe to:
* repose, sleep - I can get behind any concept that involves a nap.
* freedom from activity or labor, a state of motionlessness or inactivity - check, check.
* a place for resting or lodging - well, the house is not quite perfectly set up to meet this criteria, but if does qualify as a diversion as noted below....read on. Nesting is definitely on the list.
* a peace of mind and spirit, free of anxieties...now, we're talkin'!
while the term "relaxation" conjurs up the following:
* a relaxing or recreative state, activity, pastime, or diversion - yes, today's pedicure and manicure qualifies
Thus, as Day 1 of the Hachie Gal's R&R Plan comes to a close, I can report that aeven the few personal emails, furniture delivery, and of course, the spa treatment noted above, as well as of today's activities fell into the rest and relaxation category.
The trick for this Type A gal will be how not to cram a year and half worth of R&R into two weeks, which in fact, would not be the freedom of activity or labor as noted above...the antithesis of a peaceful mind and spirit... in short, too much activity. Will keep you posted on exactly how successful I have been...