Thursday, February 26, 2009

I have been a very bad blogger

London Marathon Training: Week 11 of 19
Thursday target run: rest day

Long days at the office, daily runs, and busy weekends have resulted in Hachie Gal being a very bad blogger....Apologies. In no apparent order, updates on the last few weeks:

(1) For those who are interested, the training is going well, with my longest run to date being 3 hours.

(2) The Budman is still doing the weekly Iceland gig...I will get there one weekend when he is up there.

(3) Related to number 2, I finally had my passport returned to me along with ....drumroll please...my UK provisional driver's license. What does that get me? Not much except the right to make an appointment to take my theory test. Mark your calendars for March 5th....that is gate #2 when I find out whether I will have a legitimate UK driver's license anywhere in my future. Translated...the right to take my practical driver's test.

(4) We are finally getting the house settled, pictures hung, and nesting finalized. We have been reminded on multiple occasions as to "why" the move to the new house in London was necessary. This house has MUCH better karma....

(5) And on the final update, I am saddened to report that I saw NONE of the Oscar nominated films this year, nor did I even see the Oscar show. It was not for lack of trying. I set the SKY recorder to tape the event, but sadly, I did not read the listings properly and instead recorded Ryan Seacrest's E! red Carpet show...not that it was uninteresting, but it was not what I wanted to see. Since the show started at 1 AM London time, I planned to order Chinese food, throw on the sweats, and watch the show on Monday evening...best laid plans. Next year, man....next year....I will be back in my old form.

No comments: