Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"12 in 12 in 2012" Tuesday Update

Can't wait to run Sunday!  Feeling so much more rested than last month, and quite a bit more pysched to run given the fact I feel energized. In the deep dark corners of my mind, I think I knew Seville was not going to be my best day.  Banish that thought now...on to Rome!

Besides rest, the small aches and pains, including that right two, third toe blood blister, are nicely healed.  Fundraising is continuing but has slowed in recent weeks; currently, I am sitting at 45% of target fundraising goal with 9 months left.  PLEASE consider sponsoring me with a donation for Cancer Research UK if you have not already done so:

http://www.justgiving.com/Holly-Young2012

The "consultant" in me has now taken to keeping a perpetual "marathon" suitcase packed, given I have a running event every 3-4 weeks.  Another slight process improvement in the overall "12 in 12 in 2012" marathon experience.

I have also found some really great articles by Hal Higdon on running multiple marathons...practical advice and a few sample training schedules for weeks "between" races.

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51153/Marathon-Multiple-Marathons-Training-Program

Finally, I will be well supported this coming Sunday with a FAB-U-LOUS road crew that I am dubbing the "Three Amigos"...husband and 2 bro-n-laws....

The biggest question is...do I don the Texas state flag running shorts this weekend or move on to a Baylor color theme?  thoughts?

Taking it one step at a time!

No comments: