Friday, August 05, 2005

Joyeux anniversaire à moi

I love celebrating birthdays! It doesn’t matter if the birthday is mine or yours, family or friend. I simply love a good birthday celebration. Count me in on any type of birthday festivities.

For that matter, I am all for birthday extravaganzas. In my book, birthday celebrations can begin as early as 5 days before the main event and can easily extend for up to a week after. I can even get on board with birthday celebrations that last an entire month. Any excuse to celebrate a birthday is OK by me: birthday breakfasts, brunches, lunches, or dinners, multiple birthday meals on the same or consecutive days, birthday trips, birthday parties (formal or the friendly get-together) birthday “spa days”, surprise birthday parties, birthday cakes, cookies, desserts, birthday gifts, flower, balloons, and cards…I think you get my point. Birthdays are reason enough to celebrate and I am for any excuse to extend that celebration for as long as possible…especially if the birthday is mine.

With that said, yes, today is my birthday. And without much forethought into the planning of this uneventful birthday (no major milestone here), I realized that as luck would have it, I would be celebrating my big day in the mother of all cities, the City of Light, Cité Magique, Temple des Amoureux, gay Paree!…you guessed it, PARIS!

It really happened without a lot of hoopla. We are meeting Buddy’s brother and partner in Paris for a few days, and this just happened to be the weekend they were coming. Whatever the reason, I can think of no grander place to celebrate a birthday than Paris.

Yes, the blog should be updated during this time, so check back for updates. I have no idea exactly what we will be doing, but I have a list a mile long that are all definite possibilities. Surely, I can find a suitable birthday present for myself while shopping in Paris….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally on board about the birthday celebration thing but none of mine have included Paris!! You lucky girl you! What a way to celebrate! Happy Day and best wishes for your birthday!
Tammy in Hachie

Hachie Gal said...

well, this is a first for me, too!