Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bristol Bound

Well, a quick trip to Bristol, UK for business reminded me that we take some of the basics of air travel for granted. Two examples:

(1) Upon arrival for my connection in Amsterdam (from Dusseldorf to Bristol), we taxied in from the airplane to the terminal. And there on the tarmac was somebody's luggage. I said a silent prayer it was not my baggage, especially as I sat on the bus in jean and running shoes. Not exactly what you want to be wearing when you meet with a client.

(2) On the return trip (and again in Amsterdam as I made my connection), my flight was delayed due to a problem with the aircraft. Apparently, the plane we were to be using had a bird strike on the nose of the aircraft on its most previous flight. Poor birdie...what a way to go. Needless to say, the craft was being grounded for further investigation and we were re-routed to another airplane. Makes you wonder how often this happens....

No comments: