Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sports Sunday

Normally, Sundays are all about the NFL...the noon game, the 3 pm game, and then the Sunday evening game. Because we are living in the land of football (and not American-style), our NFL options are limited. Still, we can get a couple of games every Sunday, courtesy of Sky Sports. Oh yea, the play by play coverage is still the CBS or Fox crews, but the "studio" guys are these Brtish dudes who aren't exactly riveting.

Well, I can handle these "analysts" week in, week out...until this week. And I use the term "analyst" very loosely. The "in-studio" guest for the Sky Sports studio team was none other than Antonio Fargas (a.k.a. "Huggy Bear" from the 70s show Starsky and Hutch). Please tell me what an actor from a really bad 70s crime drama can add to football commentary? Apparently, his son was playing which is why he was invited into the Sky Sports Booth....ugh!

We'd had enough, so we switched it over the Grand Prix of Darts Championship. I know you are so jealous!

2 comments:

Missy said...

In the middle of the day when I have no time to ever email, I keep thinking that I want to let you know that a lot of the networks are airing their shows for free on their websites for a week after the air date. I didn't ever hear if you guys got into Lost or not, but all of the ABC shows and NBC (Heroes is good and I know several people into Studio 60 although i'm not crazy about it). Anyway, I wanted to make sure you knew you could keep up with current shows that way if you have a high speed (and I'm guessing you do since you can post photos so easily). I should have emailed but oh well ... I WILL get some emails out soon. The holidays are near so then if no other time.

Hachie Gal said...

No, did not know that...will still check out...We actually get Studo 60...but only have seen one episode. Was not impressed.