Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"12 in 12 in 2012" Tuesday Update

T-10 weeks to Marrakech Marathon (race #1).

A relatively good week of training, although the fatigue level kicked up a notch this week (sadly, I am not as young as I once was).

A minor equipment setback was identified when it was discovered that the calibration in the Nike+ Sportswatch was slightly off, resulting in inaccurate distance calculations. Case in point: last week's 13 mile long run was actually only 12.6 miles. A bit disconcerting but better I know now rather than later.

Thankfully, my cracker-jack marathon road crew manager lept into action (a.k.a Budman) and with the fiendish determination that only a consulting partner can muster, he corrected the calibration issue tout de suite.

From a fundraising perspective, I am inching steadily closer to my fundraising goal of £10,000, with 23% raised thus far. If you, a family member, or friend have personally been touched by cancer, please consider donating to Cancer Research UK on behalf of my "marathon" marathon journey.

www.justgiving.com/Holly-Young2012

Taking it one step at a time,
HY

No comments: