Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Tuesdays are "12 in 12 in 2012" marathon update days!

Status of "12 in 12 in 2012" Marathon Challenge: T-12 weeks to Marrakech Marathon (race #1).

Ladies and gents...it might seem a ways off, but that first marathon for 2012 is looming large on the horizon. Sure, it will be marathon #15 in the overall marathon lifetime count, but it is officially T-12 weeks before I am standing on the start line in Marrakech. That is a sobering thought.

So, what's the progress thus far? Good, steady, and on the 10 point rating scale, I give it an "8" for overall discipline. Work is always nipping at my heels, though, so that will be a constant challenge to get those runs in. :-).

That said, I have decided to institute "a weekend nap and massage" policy. Always looking for reasons to reward "good behavior", I can think of no better way to do that than indulge in two of my favorite things: hour+ naps on Saturdays and Sundays and a weekly sports massage.

So, besides training (which is going well enough at this stage), the fundraising has also successfully kicked off. Using some different strategies this year, I will be doing some staggered fundraising to various groups, including family and friends. If you are reading about my challenge for the first time and haven't gotten the email/letter asking for support, no worries - you will!

Until then, feel free to show your support and donate to my challenge NOW!

www.justgiving.com/Holly-Young2012

Taking it one step at a time (literally....

1 comment:

Hachie Gal said...

of course, the first post actually hit on a Wednesday...heh-ho.