Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Just sliding right through those holidays...

Admittedly, I am a holiday enthusiast. Any reason for celebrating a holiday, and you can count me in. I just love a reason to celebrate!

Given that premise, you can understand my dismay when I arrived home last evening, armed with Halloween candy and ready to greet my trick-or-treaters with a hearty "Happy Halloween". Sadly, I had not one ghoul or goblin appear at my door.

Right... I know...Halloween is not the holiday in the UK that it is in the US, but still, even as I drove up to the house, I saw numerous kids in costume running up and down the street.

I had not even really registered the fact that Halloween had come and gone without a sound, and that there'd be no formal Thanksgiving hoopla in the UK, when I heard on the morning BBC news that Oxford street was lighting their Christmas lights this very evening.

Not sure what is more troubling: the fact that it is "officially" Christmas season in the UK or that I actually have 2 full tins of Halloween candy at my house.

I'll close with a "Bah humbug" as it appears this is the correct holiday statement to close with.

No comments: