Thursday, March 31, 2011

Is it a sign I am too old?

One of the things that has always been on my bucket list is to attend an Olympics...somewhere...summer or winter....does not matter.  Now, for the first time in my life, the Summer 2012 Olympic Games are being held in London, right in my own backyard.

I should be thrilled right...to cross that milestone off the list?  All I can think of, however, is the onslaught of tourists, the tube congestion, and the exploding population over those 4-6 weeks period.  Is this a sign I am getting stodgy and set in my ways?  Shouldn't I be thrilled to partake in the spirit and camaraderie of the Olympics?

As the email notifications hit this week that it is time to state your preferences for tickets, I am vacillating on whether to even submit an entry because I don't the hassle factor x 10...I know, that is just plain sad.

Normally, I am a "glass half full" kinda of gal....

No comments: