Monday, March 14, 2011

Movie Fest

Think Inwood Theatre and you are not far off. Riverside Studios is a live theatre and cinema venue, with a little live art and a restaurant thrown in for good measure. Of specific interest to me are the art house films, foreign films, and second run showings of quality films (often independent) shown in a quirky warehouse feel of a studio right next to the Thames and about 10 minutes by tube from my house.

Check them out if interested: www.riversidestudios.co.uk

Given that Sunday was technically "a rest day" from running, I could think of no better way to stay off the legs than hit a movie...a triple feature at that. Cyn and I decided to take in the Swedish films known as the Millennium Trilogy (a.k.a. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Of course in Swedish subtitles, but for some reason, I had thought the films had been made in English. Sorry, Cyn!

As we stumbled bleary-eyed and "rear-end weary" from the theatre after our 10 hour Swedish Film Festival, I happy to report that for me is was a good investment in time and money. Daniel Craig indeed has his work cut out for him as Hollywood remakes theses films; please, Hollywood don't screw them up.

No comments: