The first entrant in the 2011 trip-of-the-month club was Oslo, Norway. In a word: cold and snowy but a beautiful country, and one I am keen to revisit in the summer.
When asked by the Norwegian Immigration official, "What brings you to Norway?", I answered, "the snow". And that is the truth...I missed all the hullabalou with the London Christmas snow and felt left out. He just grinned and chuckled, most assuredly thinking, "crazy American!"
Our main sites for this trip included the:
* Nobel Peace Prize Center (fascinating),
* Oslo harbor known as Oslo harbor, Aker Brygge,
* Oslo Radhus (Oslo City Hall) where the Nobel Peace Prize is given out each year
* Olso Domkirke
* National Gallery
* Akershus Fortress, although it was not open for touring in January
* City walk that included Parliament and the Royal Palace
A photo retrospective for your viewing pleasure, but sadly, the recent photo debacle meant that about half of my photos from Oslo were lost. Now there is another reason to go back!
Winter scenes on a train.
View of Oslo from hotel.
Oslo harbor, Aker Brygge.
Nobel Peace Prize Center.
Oslo City Hall.
Walking around in snowy Oslo.
Now, those Norwegians know how a little something about moving snow and ice.