Monday, December 12, 2005

THE Christmas decoration this year

Paris Marathon Training: Week 2 of 18
Today’s target run: 33 minutes
Today’s completed run: 33 minutes

It’s funny how a holiday decoration catches on. Before you know it, everyone is putting these items in their yards, on their homes, and in their houses, etc. Whatever the new concept is for a given year, everyone seems to join right in.

Case in point: Remember when the “icicle lights” came out? Makes one wonder what we ever did before these were all the rage. Ever catch the fever of putting the Christmas light reindeer out in your yard? Alright, I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

Not that there is anything in the least wrong with jumping on the “Christmas decorating bandwagon”. I am simply curious how one concept seems to catch the imagination of the masses, and before you know it, that particular holiday decoration is everywhere you look.

In case you are wondering, I leave you with the visual of THE most popular Christmas decoration I have seen this year. Everyone in Germany has them….I even snapped a similar shot of this phenom in France last weekend.

Santa…scaling the walls, and appearing to be entering a home by crawling through an upper story window. No comin' down the chimney anymore.

Colmar France Christmas Market 2005 003

I hope Santa has been doing a little weight training in the off season, as he is going to need some major upper body work in order to crawl up into all those windows.

2 comments:

Joshua said...

When I saw that picture I thought it looked like Santa being hung in effigy, rather than scaling the walls.

Anyway, just happened on your blog by pushing 'Next Blog' and thought I would say that. Have a good day.

Hachie Gal said...

thanks...I can kinda see that interpretation. Appreciate you checking in.