Friday, December 09, 2005

Christmas Road Trip

Paris Marathon Training: Week 1 of 18
Today’s target run: 1 hour, 6 minutes

Today’s completed run: 1 hour, 6 minutes

With the impending Alsace road trip, it is definitely time to break out the Christmas CDs for the journey. Not sure what your collection of favorite Christmas tunes and artists would include, but I am always looking for a solid Christmas CD recommendation. Any posted suggestions from blog readers would be greatly appreciated.

For this weekend, I believe there will be quite a potpourri of musical selections, with the following definitely in the mix. As the designated DJ, it will all be under my control anyway:

* A Winter Romance, Dean Martin
* Christmas Time is Here, Diane Reeves
* Wishing You a Swinging Christmas, Ella Fitzgerald
* A Jolly Christmas, Frank Sinatra
* Christmas Album, Herb Albert & the Tijuana Brass
* Christmas Eve, Johnny Mathis
* The Christmas Album, The Manhattan Transfer
* Merry Christmas, Mariah Carey
* The Magic of Christmas OR The Holly and the Ivy, Natalie Cole
* Christmas Portrait, The Carpenters
* We Three Kings, The Irish Tenors
* Silver and Gold OR Star Bright, Vanessa Williams
* Snowfall, Tony Bennett

Don’t get me wrong. There are tons of other Christmas CDs I could add to the above list, as the Hachie Gal’s Christmas CD collection numbers into the low 100s, numerically speaking. These are the first ones I seem to go back to each year, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you wouldn't be interested in Kenny Chesney's "All I Want For Chrismtas is a Real Good Tan"?? HAHA! I am all about the country music, but I can go for lots of different singers-the new one that I think is also good is the group IL DIVO-four guys-very good voices! Ditch Mariah for them! :o) TH

Hachie Gal said...

Thanks, but I'll pass on Chesney. I did see that Diana Krall had a new CD out, but hoped Santa would bring it this year. Yes, I also heard about IL DIVO, but had not intell.