Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bat bun or pumpkin muffin?

Italy vacation countdown: T minus 3 days.

Last evening, I ventured out on a spur-of-the moment Halloween happening in the Düsseldorf Altstadt area. Just as the bewitching hour of 7:30 pm drew near, several ghouls, goblins, witches, and various and sundry costumed Halloween revelers took an evening tour of old town, in English no less. Corny but cute…and no, I was not in costume, although I was a bit bummed when others turned out in the “ghastly” apparel and I was simply sporting jeans and a sweater.

Dusseldorf Halloween 001

Dusseldorf Halloween 002

Highlight of the evening was a steaming cup of witches brew (coffee) or a glass of executioner’s ale (beer) and choice of a bat bun (sugared donut in the shape of a bat) or a pumpkin muffin (in shape and color).

As for me, I am apparently a “bat bun” gal.

No comments: