Thursday, November 10, 2005

Tour update

Yes, I still have more photos to share from Pompeii and the Almafi Coast, but I loaded a ton of them from Rome and Capri tonight...read the next 4 or so postings.

Still, I can't let the day go by without commenting on the rather "interesting" tour group we are a part of. It must be a full moon...

(1) We have arguing couples (oh, boy!)

(2) Last minute hotel changes did not help the mood on our long bus ride up and down the Amalfi Coast (although the hotel was quite charming). Did I take a vacation from a 60-70 hour week to haul my luggage and that of some of my tour compatriots up a hill? I don't think so.

(3) A tour manager that "oversleeps" and is late to the bus? What else can I say...

(4) Yes, we have lost jackets, lost bracelets, lost pens. And the beat goes on.

It is a comedy of sorts, and thankfully, Buddy and I, along with several of the tour members have laughed about it...continually....

The best one is the woman on the tour bus (who I have been travelling with for 7 days) who pulled me aside in the food court area today at the rest area and asked me "Do you work here? I need some help"!

Mamma mia!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least your memories won't just be of the awesome sights! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us! Tammy H.

Hachie Gal said...

that's for sure...they are really funny!